If you’re a fan of Starbucks vanilla sweet cream cold foam, you will love this copycat version. It takes just 2 minutes to make and uses 3 ingredients, so why not save some money on that $5 coffee and make a delicious homemade version.
What is vanilla sweet cream cold foam?
It’s a Starbucks hybrid of vanilla sweet cream and cold foam. It provides that tasty richness from sweet cream and that delicious foamy top from cold foam. The great thing about making vanilla sweet cream cold foam at home is that you have full control of how creamy or foamy you’d like it!
What does vanilla sweet cream cold foam taste like?
It’s rich, sweet and creamy. After pouring in the vanilla sweet cream cold foam, you can choose to mix it for a constant flavour or to leave it after being poured for a mixed sweet-bitter contrast.
If If you want to get that perfect sweet cream cold foam topping, it’s essential to use the right ingredients. More so than other recipes, differences in each ingredient will make a big difference in your outcome! If you were to use a low-fat cream, you wouldn’t have any success in this recipe.
2% is the magic sweet spot, and it’s the same percentage they used at Starbucks. You’d be fine getting away with 1% or 3% milk; however, this will slightly adjust the foam. Lower fat milk will have an airer foam, while a higher percentage will froth less and add more creaminess.
Use heavy cream or high-fat whipping cream. Anywhere between 33% to 40% will give you desirable results.
Any high-end vanilla syrup will do the trick! You want to avoid the cheaper vanilla syrups that use vanilla aromas, as most don’t give you that authentic vanilla flavour. There is nothing worse than a chemically tasting vanilla!
You can also give it a shot at making your own. If you want that Starbucks experience, stick to a Starbucks vanilla syrup. You can buy them online or make a homemade Starbucks vanilla syrup, which is super simple.
Expert Tips and Tricks
Keep Ingredients and Equipment Cool
This is a pastry chef trick that we always do in professional kitchens. If you want the best results when whipping cream or milk, make sure that the ingredients and equipment are cold! It gives you a lot more leeway when whipping.
How to evenly whip the sweet cream cold foam
There is nothing worse than over whipping your sweet cream cold foam and having to re-do the whole recipe again! Follow these two tips to decrease that chance drastically.
#Tip 1: Whip small batches of sweet cream cold foam
Once you have added all the ingredients together, you have made your sweet cream. You can then spoon out 50 ml (1.7floz) per portion into a separate container and whip that.
The whole batch of sweet cream doesn’t need whipping at once and can stay in the refrigerator for 4-5 days or earlier if one of the ingredients has a closer expiration date.
#Tip 2: Whip as evenly as possible
Start from the bottom of the sweet cream to avoid splashes, then slowly work your way around in a constant circular motion. The idea is to whip each part of the cream as evenly as possible.
Step by Step Recipe
1) Add cold cream, milk and vanilla syrup into a jug.
2) Evenly, whip the vanilla sweet cream with the milk frother for 30 to 45 seconds.
3) The mixture will have doubled in size and should be thickened but pourable.
4) Pour the vanilla sweet cream cold foam into a cold coffee beverage.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I put vanilla sweet cream cold foam in hot coffee?
It’s specifically designed for cold drinks. If you put the vanilla sweet cream cold foam into a hot coffee, the foam would rapidly disappear.
What strength of coffee should I use for my cold coffee beverages?
Coffee becomes more bitter when cold, so you’ll want to combat it with a lighter roasted coffee. I recommend using a light or medium roasted coffee bean.
What type of beverages does vanilla sweet cream cold foam go in?
Vanilla sweet cream cold foam can go into many cold beverages, but my favourites are cold brews and iced coffees.
More Recipes You May Like
- Biscoff Milkshake
- How To Make Cold Foam
- Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
- Vegan Keto Smoothie
- Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam
- 60 ml Milk 2% Fat
- 100 ml Heavy Cream
- 35 ml Vanilla Syrup Starbucks
- Add cream, milk and vanilla syrup into a mason jar and stir to combine, then place in the refrigerator. This is vanilla sweet cream and can be poured directly into drinks.
- It's best to make vanilla sweet cream cold foam to order, so when you have your drink ready, follow one of the methods below.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of vanilla sweet cream for one serving into a cold jug. Evenly, whip the vanilla sweet cream with the milk frother for 30 – 45 seconds or until the mixture has doubled in size and started thickening. Do not use the steam wand on your coffee machine, as the mixture shouldn't be heated.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of vanilla sweet cream into a cool French Press for one serving. Lifting the nozzle up and down, pump the vanilla sweet cream until it has doubled in size and started thickening.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of vanilla sweet cream into a cold Mason jar for one serving. Shake the mason jar vigorously until the vanilla sweet cream has doubled in size and started thickening.
- Make sure to keep the ingredients cold and the equipment at least cool.
- Whip the cream as evenly as possible to avoid clumps.