These delicious salted caramel cream cold brew can be made with just 5 ingredients and only takes a couple of minutes. If you’re a fan of Starbucks salted caramel cream cold brew, you’ll love this recipe!
What is Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew?
Salted caramel cream cold brew is a Starbucks cold coffee drink made with cold brew, ice, caramel syrup and a salted vanilla sweet cream. It has a deliciously strong coffee and salted caramel flavour.
Cold Brew: You can use homemade, or your favourite branded cold brew. To get the most authentic Starbucks experience, you can use their cold brew.
Heavy Cream: Use heavy cream or high-fat whipping cream. Anywhere between 33% to 40% will work!
Caramel Sauce: Make sure to use a runny caramel sauce! If you use a thick caramel sauce, it won’t combine with the cold brew.
Milk: 2% is the go-to for a Starbucks cream cold foam, but you can get away with using 1-3% milk. Lower fat milk will give you an airer foam, while higher fat milk will give you a creamier foam.
Vanilla Syrup: You can use your favourite branded vanilla syrup, but to give you the most authentic flavour, use Starbucks or this Starbucks copycat vanilla syrup recipe. It costs just $0.05 per serving. An alternative is this caramel simple syrup.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use cold ingredients
There are two reasons why you want to use cold ingredients. One is that if you use ice-cold ingredients, your drink will be ice cold and refreshing. Two is that it’s essential for making a well-whipped cream cold foam; room temperature cream and milk can lead to clumps and rarely reaches its full volume.
How to foam evenly with a milk frother
Make sure that the ingredients are cold; otherwise, they won’t whip well. Start at the bottom of the jug and slowly, in a constant circular motion, whip the cream mixture until it’s doubled in size and thickened. The more evenly you can whip the cream, the better the results!
How to make the salted vanilla cream cold foam without a milk frother
Not everyone has a milk frother, they’re well worth it and cheap, but you can make this recipe without one. Simply add the ingredients into a French press or mason jar. If using a French press, pump the plunger until the mixture has doubled in size. If using a mason jar, tighten the lid, then shake the mixture until it has doubled in size.
Step By Step Recipe
1) Add cream, milk, vanilla syrup and a small pinch of sea salt into a jug and stir. Evenly whip the mixture with a milk frother until it’s doubled in size and started to thicken.
2) Fill a glass with ice and pour in cold brew until the glass is 3/4 full then mix in the caramel sauce.
3) Pour the salted vanilla cream cold foam into the caramel cold brew.
4) Optionally mix, then serve.
What’s the difference between cold brew and iced coffee?
Cold brew is made by infusing coffee into cold water for an extended period, while iced coffee is made by adding hot water to coffee and cooling it down.
Can I use iced coffee instead?
Yes, this recipe works great with both cold brew and iced coffee. Just make sure the iced coffee has been cooled down to fridge temperature before you start.
Can I use hot coffee instead of cold brew?
The salted vanilla cream cold foam is specifically designed for cold drinks. Of course, you can use it for hot drinks, but I wouldn’t recommend it. The foam will rapidly disappear from the heat of the coffee.
More Recipes You May Like
Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
- 1 Milk Frother optional
- Cold Brew
- 2 tbsp Caramel Sauce Use a runny caramel sauce
Salted Vanilla Cream Cold Foam
- 30 ml Milk 2% Fat
- 50 ml Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Syrup
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Add cream, milk, vanilla syrup and a small pinch of sea salt into a jug and stir. Evenly whip the mixture with a milk frother until it's doubled in size and started to thicken.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour in cold brew until the glass is 3/4 full. Mix in a thin caramel sauce, then pour in the salted vanilla cream cold foam.
- Optionally mix, then serve.
- Make sure to use a runny caramel sauce! If you use a thick caramel sauce, it won’t combine with the cold brew.
- You can make the salted vanilla cream cold foam using a milk frother, French press or mason jar.