Start your day off right with a delicious breakfast of American pancakes. They are perfect to make on them lazy mornings, taking only 10 minutes to make. Eat them with a drizzle of honey and fresh berries for a healthier breakfast or just indulge in the comfort of one of our favourite toppings of maple syrup and fresh blueberries.
Fluffy American pancakes drizzled with maple syrup and the addition of crispy bacon or fresh juicy blueberries. Who could say no?
But imagine enjoying different pancake flavours without having to change your pancake batter recipe. It’s time to experiment and share with you some of my favourite healthish and full comfort pancake toppings.
Sometimes in the morning, you need to wake up and set yourself for a productive day. This is where you will need a nutrition-packed breakfast to put you on the right track. What’s better than making that breakfast delicious as well?
Honey much like maple syrup is sweet with a syrupy consistency and an amber-like colour which varies dependent on strength. However honey, especially raw honey provides serval important antioxidants and is believed to be up to 4.2 times higher whilst raw. Fresh mixed berries is a delicious match up with honey as they provide added additional sweetness and tartness.
Peanut butter is a sweet and nutty paste made from ground peanuts. It’s high in healthy fats, protein, vitamins B, magnesium & potassium! Combine this with some sliced banana and a small drizzle of chocolate sauce. Now you are in for a high protein breakfast treat! And if you are all about the peanut butter & jelly or jam combo, give that try!
- Homemade blackberry jam
- Honey & mixed berries
- Peanut butter & banana
- Avocado, bacon & a poached egg
When it comes to the weekend or just one of them rainy days, sometimes you just need to treat yourself. What better way to start the day off with than a batch of American pancakes and some sweet toppings.
Golden syrup or treacle as we call it in England is something quite similar to maple syrup. It is made by refining sugar cane. It has a very similar colour and sweetness to maple syrup however tends to be slighter thicker,
Nutella is a delicious hazelnut chocolate spread. This is probably the most popular pancake topping in Europe! Add some strawberries alongside it to balance it and you are halfway to heaven.
Lemon & Sugar is a classic British pancake & crepe topping. It creates the perfect harmony of sweet & tarty.
- Gold syrup
- Nutella & stawberries
- Lemon & sugar
- White chocolate sauce & fresh mixed berries
Recipes You May Like
- 200 g Plain flour
- 10 g Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 300 ml Milk
- 40 g Butter melted
- 1 Egg
- Sift flour into a large mixing bowl, add baking powder, sugar & salt. Mix and make a well, then add milk, butter and 1 egg. Gently whisk all the ingredients together until you have a slightly thick consistency.
- Preheat a frying pan or griddle over medium heat. Pour a small ladle of batter onto the pan (you can add multiple ladles if there is space).
- Cook until the batter has thickened and small bubbles begin to show, this will take about one minute. Flip and continue to cook for 30 seconds, until the underside has browned.
- Serve with your maple syrup and blueberries.