This biscoff milkshake is rich and flavourful. It’s perfect for a quick sweet treat and especially on a hot day. It only takes 5 minutes to make and uses 4 ingredients.
Biscoff Biscuits – These biscuits are also known as lotus biscuits and biscoff cookies. They are crunchy with a delicious caramel taste. You can find them in most major supermarkets with all the other biscuits and cookies.
Biscoff Spread – You may also know this as cookie butter, it’s delicious and creamy. It goes perfectly in brownies and cakes and is basically biscoff biscuits blended into a spread.
Vanilla Ice Cream – Make sure you use a good quality ice cream that’s ideally made with vanilla extract, seeds or pods. There is nothing worse than a cheap vanilla essence that overpowers the milkshake.
Whole Milk – I prefer to use whole milk for the richer flavour and texture. But if you opt for skimmed milk it’s not a make or break! Either milk of your preference will work, for vegans and dairy-free intolerances the best milk replacement is soy milk.
Professional Tips & Tricks
Chill your glass – The first thing I like to do is place my glasses in the freezer. This is so the milkshake can stay cooler for longer.
Soften your ice cream – Let your ice cream sit out at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes, this will help the milkshake blend with ease and require less milk.
Layer your ingredients – Layer your ingredients in the order of milk, ice cream and biscoff spread. This will stop the spread from sticking to the bottom of the blender.
Slowly build up the speed – Starting on the lowest speed slowly work your way up to medium speed, blend until the milkshake is pourable, about 30 to 40 seconds.
Add the biscuits at the end – For delicious biscoff biscuit chunks, add your biscuits in right at the end. Pulse 4 to 6 times and serve immediately.
Step by Step Recipe
1) Roughly chop the biscoff biscuits on a chopping board and place them to the side. Add whole milk to a large blender.
2) Add vanilla ice cream and biscoff spread, and blend for 30 to 40 seconds until smooth.
3) Next add 90% of the roughly chopped biscuits and mix with a tablespoon.
4) Pulse the milkshake 4 to 6 times until incorporated. If you like biscuit chunks in your milkshake, make sure to not over pulse. Serve in a cool glass with two thicks straws, and a sprinkle of the leftover crushed biscuits.
If you are planning to make this milkshake ahead of time, avoid adding the biscoff biscuits into the blender. Instead, you can leave them on the side and once you are ready, simply mix them into the milkshake with a tablespoon. This milkshake can store in the refrigerator overnight but for quality purposes, I recommend drinking it on the same day.
Yes, biscoff biscuits and spread are made with vegetable oils and are vegan friendly. If you want to make this biscoff milkshake vegan, simply swap out the whole milk for soy milk, and use vegan vanilla ice cream.
More Tasty Dessert Recipes You May Like
- 150 ml Whole Milk
- 400 g Vanilla Icecream
- 3 tbsp Biscoff Spread
- 35 g Biscoff Biscuits roughly chopped (5biscuits)
- Whipped Cream
- Roughly chop the biscoff biscuits on a chopping board and place them to the side. Add whole milk to a large blender.
- Add vanilla ice cream and biscoff spread, and starting the blender on slow, slowly work your way up to medium, blending for 30 to 40 seconds until smooth and pourable.
- Next add 90% of the roughly chopped biscuits and mix with a tablespoon.
- Pulse the milkshake 4 to 6 times until incorporated. If you like biscuit chunks in your milkshake, make sure to not over pulse. Serve in a cool glass with two thicks straws, and a sprinkle of the leftover crushed biscuits.