These Kinder Bueno brownies are so delicious your friends and family will probably think you’ve bought them from a pâtisserie. They are made from start to finish in under an hour and are the perfect treat for guests and kids.
A great thing about this recipe is the ingredients straight forwards and easy to get hold of. There are just a couple of ingredients that need highlighting to help you pick the best choices.
Cocoa – Unsweetened or pure cocoa powder works much better than sweetened cocoa powders.
Dark chocolate – If you prefer your brownies with a richer taste, choose a higher cocoa percentage chocolate, like 50% or 60%. Milk chocolate works well if you’re making these brownies mainly for smaller guests. You can also swap the chocolate for a hazelnut spread like Nutella for a more hazel-nutty flavour.
Flour – Plain flour is the type of flour I recommend using. If you prefer your brownies on the slightly more cakey side, add one teaspoon of baking powder to the flour.
Profesional Tips & Tricks
The best way to slice Kinder Buneos
These brownies work best with smaller chunks of Kinder Bueno. You also can get away with using slightly less while getting a Kinder Bueno chunk in every other mouthful.
I strongly recommend freezing the Kinder Bueno bars for at least 15-30 minutes before slicing them. This makes their creamy filling firmer, giving you a much cleaner cut.
How to melt the brownie mixture in the microwave instead
We all have those days where you’re a little rushed for time and want to decrease your workload. So this is where the microwave method comes in handy.
Place the chocolate and butter into a microwavable bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals and stir between each one until the chocolate is just melted and glossy.
How to Make Kinder Bueno Brownies
Preheat the oven to 180c (355f). Either grease or line an 8×8 baking tray and place it to the side.
Sieve the flour and cocoa into a bowl, add a pinch of salt, then mix and place to the side.
Melt the dark chocolate, kinder chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a barely filled pot of lightly simmering water.
In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar into they have doubled in volume and slightly thickened.
Gently fold in the flour and cocoa mixture one third at a time, being careful not to knock too much air out of the mixture.
Fold in the Kinder Bueno pieces and transfer the brownie mixture into the baking tray.
Bake for 30-35 minutes for more gooey brownies or 35-40 minutes for more cakey brownies.
Leave to cool for at least 15 minutes before portioning but preferably 30-45 minutes.
Once the brownies are cooked and portioned, you can keep them in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days or up to a week in the refrigerator.
These Kinder Bueno brownies are also freezable can will stay good quality for at least three months.
Can I make these brownies in my 9×9 (23cm by 23cm) baking tray?
Yes, and luckily it’s a straightforward conversion. Increase the ingredient quantity by one third, so instead of using three eggs, you will be using four.
How do I know when the Kinder Bueno brownies are cooked?
The easiest way is to use the toothpick trick. Insert the toothpick into the centre of the brownies. If the toothpick comes out cleanish, they’re ready to be taken out.
The toothpick doesn’t need to be completely clean as the brownies will continue to cook in the centre whilst they are resting.
More Recipes You May Like
Kinder Bueno Brownies
- 8×8 Baking Tray (read notes for using a 9×9 baking tray)
- Electric Whisk (can be swapped for a whisk with a vigirous mix)
- Heatproof Bowls
- 150 g Butter
- 100 g Dark Chocolate
- 75 g Kinder Chocolate
- 3 Eggs
- 250 g Sugar
- 80 g Flour
- 40 g Cocoa
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 4 Kinder Buenos cut in halfs, read notes
- Preheat the oven to 180c (355f). Then, optionally line your baking tray with baking paper.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa in a bowl, add a pinch of salt, mix, and place to the side.
- Melt the dark chocolate, kinder chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a barely filled pot of lightly simmering water.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar into they have doubled in volume and slightly thickened.
- Gently fold in the flour and cocoa mixture one third at a time, being careful not to knock too much air out of the mixture.
- Fold in the Kinder Bueno pieces and transfer the brownie mixture into the baking tray. Poke any pieces of Kinder Bueno into the batter to avoid it burning.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes for more gooey brownies or 35-40 minutes for more cakey brownies.
- Leave to cool for at least 15 minutes before portioning but preferably 30-45 minutes.