This delicious Mars milkshake takes just 2 minutes to make and uses 3 ingredients. It’s thick and cold with a strong Mars bar flavor. This milkshake is especially great for those hot days but can be enjoyed any time of the year.
This recipe makes two large milkshakes and uses just 3 easy to source ingredients. For Mars bar lovers use 3 Mars bars and for a more subtle Mars flavor use 2.
- Mars Bars: The star of this recipe, Mars bars provide a delightful blend of chocolate, caramel, and nougat flavors to your milkshake. If you prefer less sweetness, you can reduce the number of Mars bars used.
- Milk: Whole milk adds richness to the milkshake. However, depending on your preference or dietary restrictions, you can use other types of milk, like almond or soy.
- Vanilla Ice Cream: Vanilla ice cream offers a smooth and sweet flavor that blends well with the Mars bars. Opt for a good-quality ice cream for the best results.
Expert Tips & Tricks
- Blender Power: If your blender isn’t high-powered, chop the Mars bars into smaller pieces before blending to ensure the caramel blends well and doesn’t stick together.
- Consistency Control: Make sure not to over-blend the milkshake so that it’s too thin. The longer you blend the milkshake, the thinner it gets. I found that 30 to 40 seconds was a good amount of time.
- Cold Milk: Using cold milk helps keep the milkshake chilled and the ice cream from melting too quickly during blending.
- Serving Suggestions: Dress up your milkshake with some whipped cream and sprinkles on top for a more festive look.
- Straw Selection: Use a thick straw for serving to make it easier to enjoy the small bits of chocolate and caramel from the Mars bar.
Step by Step Instructions
1) Pour the whole milk into the blender.
2) Add the vanilla ice cream to the blender.
3) Unwrap the Mars bars and add them to the blender.
Note: If you are not using a high-power blender, chop the Mars bars into small pieces to stop the caramel from sticking and not blending well.
4) Add the blender’s lid and begin blending on a low setting. Gradually increase the blender speed to medium, ensuring all the ingredients blend together well.
5) Continue to blend for about 30-40 seconds or until the mixture has no large chunks of Mars left.
6) After the milkshake is ready, pour it into serving glasses. Optionally add some whipped cream and sprinkles and serve with a thick straw.
Storage and Leftovers
The best way to enjoy this Mars milkshake is right after you make it while it’s thick and very cold. However, if needed, you can store it in an airtight container or mason jar in the refrigerator for up to a day.
The milkshake may split and not be as thick as the ice cream melts. You can give it a quick blend or thorough mix with a spoon before serving and it’s still good to drink.
You can also freeze the milkshake for up to 3 months. Once you are ready to serve the milkshake again, you can scoop it out into a blender and blend it until it reaches a consistency of a milkshake.
More Milkshake Recipes You May Like
- 1 Blender
- 200 ml Whole Milk
- 450 g Vanilla Ice Cream
- 3 Mars Bars You can also use 2 Mars Bars if preferred
- Pour the whole milk into the blender.
- Add the vanilla ice cream to the blender.
- Unwrap the Mars bars and add them to the blender. For easier blending, chop them into smaller pieces before adding.
- Start the blender on low and slowly work up to medium. Continue to blend for about 30-40 seconds or until the mixture has no large chunks of Mars left.
- Pour the milkshake into a glass and serve with thick straws.
- Mars Bars: These are key for the flavor of this milkshake. If you’re a Mars bar lover, use 3 bars, but if you prefer a more subtle flavor, you can use 2.
- Blender: If you are using a low/medium power blender, chop the Mars bars into small pieces to stop the caramel from not blending and sticking together.
- Cold Milk: Use cold milk to help keep your milkshake chilled and prevent the ice cream from melting too quickly during blending.
- Serving Suggestions: For an extra touch, you can top your milkshake with whipped cream and sprinkles. Use a thick straw when serving to best enjoy the small bits of chocolate and caramel from the Mars bar.
- Storage: This milkshake is best enjoyed right after it’s made. However, if you have leftovers, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to a day or in the freezer for up to 3 months.