These vegan oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are so moreish. They have a crunchy exterior and super soft center. They are great for batch making or baking on a rush, taking just 20 minutes from start to finish.
This vegan oatmeal cookie recipe is also fuss free, coming together in one bowl, with no mixer required. They use no dairy, refined sugar and are made without eggs.
Probably the fastest homemade cookie recipe I have ever made.
Can I use raisins instead of chocolate chips?
This recipe can easily swap out the chocolate chips for raisins. Simply swap the 100g of chocolate chips for 100g of raisins.
It’s best to use freshly opened raisins or soak them in warm water. Try do this an hour before you plan on starting this recipe. This will help the raisins become softer and plump.
Can I add nuts into this recipe?
Nuts and chocolate work wonders together. And thats no different in this vegan oatmeal cookie recipe.
Nut lovers should try adding a handful of their favourite nuts into this recipe. Simply smashed them up a little bit and mix them into the cookie dough at the same time you add the chocolate chips.
Hazel nut works superb with milk and dark chocolate whilst macadamia nut works really well with white chocolate.
How to store your oatmeal cookies
The best way to store these cookies are in an airtight container at room temperature. They should keep good for at least 1 week.
How many calories per cookie?
Each cookie has 165 calories.
Professional tips and notes
- If you plan on chilling the cookie dough before baking them, you should flatten the portion cookie dough balls slightly. Do this by softly pushing each ball down with your finger tips. The reason is because we vigorously creamed the sugar and butter together, meaning the cookies will expand further during cooking. Refrigeration reserves this process because the butter starts to set again.
- Once the cookies are fresh out of the oven, they will be very soft. The cookies will take a couple of minutes to set.
- Do not preheat the baking tray as this will make the cookies burn from underneath.
This recipe is suitable for
- Soya Free
- Vegans (Dairy Free, Egg Free & Vegetarian)
More vegan recipes you may like
Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Wooden Spoon
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Tray
- 170 g Vegan butter room temperture or melted
- 150 g Coconut sugar unrefined
- 2 tbsp Almond milk or soya milk
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 180 g Flour plain or all purpose
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Bicarbonate soda
- 75 g Oats old fashioned
- 100 g Chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the sugar and softened butter vigorously for 1-2 minutes. Add almond milk and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Add the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and sea salt and mix again until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and oats and mix until they are evenly distributed.
- With either a scoop or your hands portion the cookie dough evenly into 15 balls. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper about 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 – 11 minutes or until the edges have slighty darken but the middle is still soft. Leave on the baking tray for 1-2 minutes until the cookies fall. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.