The keto diet is a very strict low carbohydrate diet and high fat diet. There are a few versions of the keto diet but the standard being 70-80% fat 10-20% protein 5-10% carb. This typically is 50g of carbohydrates or less per day.
The purpose of this diet is for your body to burn fat more efficiently by producing ketones instead of glucose. This is achieved when your body doesn’t have enough carbohydrates to turn into glucose. Therefore your liver turns fat into ketones as another source of energy.
It is said this diet may help certain medical conditions and help with weight loss. Here is a link to the Healthline website where you can read more information about this.
What is a vegan diet?
A vegan diet is a plant based diet. It is similar to the vegetarian diet however you also abstain from the use of any animal products like dairy and eggs.
When following the vegan diet it is important to be aware of your nutrition intake. It can be harder to get certain vitamins and minerals into your diet like calcium, iron, zinc and vitamin b12. As these are heavily found in animal products.
Is it possible to do a keto vegan diet?
Yes, it is possible to follow a keto vegan diet. There are certainly a lot of limitations to this diet! But if you get creative with your recipes and meal plan it’s definitely possible.
Let me know in the comments below if you would like me to make more content for the keto vegan diet.
16 Vegan Keto Breakfast Recipes
Vegan Keto Smoothie
This Vegan Keto Smoothie is perfect for your vegan keto meal plan. It takes just 2 minutes to make, contains only 4 grams of net carbs, and is super tasty and healthy!
Jump-start your morning with this quick and easy overnight low carb Superfood Breakfast Bowl made with chia seeds, hemp seeds, unsweetened coconut, and berries! It’s vegan and gluten-free, and packed with protein, healthy fats, and fiber!
Keto vegan overnight oats, made without oats at all, in a matter of minutes! This creamy, 4-ingredient breakfast is grain-free, gluten-free, and so delicious. It’s a perfectly portable, make-ahead option, too!
I would LOVE more vegan keto recipes!! As I don't really like to cook but really value my health, the easier the recipes the better!!
Wednesday 22nd of September 2021
We have doubled the amount of vegan keto breakfast recipes from 8 to 16! I hope you find something you like!
Tuesday 20th of April 2021
Easy recipes are always a win, even for us chefs! I might look into extending this vegan keto post or even make another. It really depends on the amount of people interested.
Thanks for the feedback :)
Thursday 1st of April 2021
In what way are these Keto? Keto is less than 20g of carbs a day and most if these recepies are over 10! Doesn't leave much for the rest of the day...
Thursday 1st of April 2021
The standard ketogenic diet contains less than 50 grams of carbohydrates per day. The average carbohydrate in these recipes is 9.48 grams, this is approximately 19% of the typical ketogenic carbohydrate allowance. This leaves 81% for lunch, dinner and snacks.
There are many types of different ketogenic diets so this can be confusing, you may be talking about the VLCKD which is a very low carb ketogenic diet. This is the diet that contains under 20 grams of carbohydrates per day.
But this recipe roundup is made for the 'standard keto diet' of which is under 50 grams of carbohydrates.
For more information about keto diets I have linked to some references for you to look at