This tender Crockpot Garlic BBQ Chicken recipe is delicious and perfect for those lazy days. It takes less than 5 minutes to prep and uses 3 ingredients, simply set it and forget it. Try it with your favourite smokey BBQ sauce brand with a soft bun and coleslaw for an easy indoor bbq meal.
What Size Crockpot Should I Use?
It’s important to use the right size Crockpot when slow cooking, too small and you risk undercooking, too big and you risk overcooking. I used a 3.5L (approximately 3.5 to 4 quart) Crockpot which worked perfectly for this recipe quantity. Luckily, it’s really easy to adjust the recipe quantities for different sizes. Just follow these easy guidelines below.
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Recipe Quantites
- 2L (2 quart) Slow Cooker: Use 0.50 to 0.75 ingredient ratio
- 3.5L (4 quart) Slow Cooker: Use 1 ingredient ratio
- 5L (6 quart) Slow Cooker: Use 1.25 to 1.5 ingredient ratio
Once the timer on the Crockpot has finished make sure to check the chickens temperature with a good quality food thermometer. Make sure the temperature is above 75c (165f) at the thickest part of the chicken breast.
What to Serve with Crockpot BBQ Chicken
There are a bunch of delicious foods and recipes that work with Crockpot bbq chicken. One of my favourites is a pullled bbq chicken sandwich with slaw and a sprinkle of fresh coriander.
Coleslaw – Coleslaw is super easy to make. Try a super simple version of white cabbage, onion, carrot and mayo or a slightly more complex version like this coleslaw recipe
Bread Buns – There are so many types of buns you can buy. I like to go with a traditional burger or brioche bun. If you fancy testing your bakery skills try this burger bun recipe.
More other tasty ideas include cornbread, fritters, American biscuits and spiced rice.
Step by Step Recipe
1) Measure and prepare all of the ingredients.
2) Add the garlic and bbq sauce to a crockpot and mix.
2) Add the chicken breast and gently flip them inside the sauce so they are fully covered.
3) Place the lid on the crockpot and turn it on to high for 90 minutes to 2 hours or low for 3 to 4 hours. Once the chicken is cooked carefully take the lid off the crockpot and shred the chicken with two forks. Mix together well and serve.
Pro Tip: To avoid scratching your Crockpot, take one chicken breast out of the Crockpot and place it into a bowl. Shred it then place it back into the Crockpot, do this until you have shredded all of the chicken.
More Recipes You May Like…
Crockpot Garlic BBQ Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breast
- 400 ml BBQ Sauce
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 4 Buns
- 125 g Coleslaw
- Add the garlic and bbq sauce to a crockpot and mix.
- Add the chicken breast and gently flip them inside the sauce so they are fully covered.
- Place the lid on the crockpot and turn on to High for 90 minutes to 2 hours or Low for 3 to 4 hours.
- Once cooked, shred the chicken with two forks and mix well together.