This chicken stir-fry with noodles is super delicious and full of veggies. Its quick and easy to make, plus its a great way to use up any vegetables lying around the kitchen.
Chilli: Capsaicin in chilli is linked to increasing metabolism by burning fats, pain relief and reducing insulin spikes for diabetes.
Ginger: Gingerol in Ginger which is a relative of Capsaicin has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. It used for a variety of nature medicines and is believed to ease the effects of nausea, reduce muscle soreness and improve digestion.
Garlic: Is another vegetable that has been used in food medicine for thousands of years. It has been referred to as ‘Russian penicillin’ due to its antibacterial properties.
Green beans & Spring onions: A good source of vitamins C and dietary fibre.
Pak Choi: Pak Choi is packed with vitamins A and C. Providing 89% of the recommended daily in vitamin A in just 100 grams.
Red pepper: Red peppers are packed with vitamins A and C. Providing 212% of the recommended Vitamin C in just 100 grams
This recipe is super healthy for you! Packed with vitamins A, B-6, C and K. Its in protein and low in saturated fats, plus its a great source of natural antioxidants.
Stock The Basics & It’s Easy
Once you have bought the ingredients (light and dark soya sauce, mirin and rice wine vinegar). You should be able to make this recipe many times before having to purchase these ingredients again.
If you stock pile noodles, pasta and rice like me. It means the second time you will be make this recipe you will only need to buy fresh vegetables and chicken. This chicken stir-fry with noodles recipe can be surprisingly easy with little hassle to have in your weekly diet.
Recipes You May Like
Chicken Stir-Fry with Noodles
- Large Pot
Chicken Marinade (30+ minutes)
- 1 Chicken breast finely sliced
- 15 ml Light soy sauce
- 5 ml Dark soy sauce
- 40 ml Light soy sauce
- 20 ml Dark soy sauce
- 20 ml Rice wine vinegar
- 20 ml Mirin
- 200 g Noodles
- Vegetable oil
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 15 g Ginger minced
- 100 g Snap Peas
- 1 Pak choi washed & sliced
- 1 Red onion finely sliced
- 1 Red pepper sliced
- 1 Spring onions sliced
- Chilli finely sliced
- 1 handful Coriander to garnish
- Sesame seeds
- Place the chicken marinade ingredients into a mixing bowl or plastic bag and mix thoroughly. Cover and marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl lightly whisk together all the ingredients from the ‘Stir-Fry sauce’ section and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of generously salted water to the boil and cook the noodles until al dente. Drain and place to the side.
- Heat a large wok over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes or until completely hot and almost smoking. Add vegetable oil and quickly shake it around the pan. Quickly add the chicken and stir fry for 3-4 minutes, until all the meat is golden.
- Add garlic & ginger and saute for 30 seconds. Add the green beans, pan choi, red onion, red pepper, chilli and the white part of the spring onion (saving the green part for the garnish) and stir fry for a further 2-3 minutes (add a tablespoon of water if the wok gets too hot and starts to burn).
- Add the stir-fry sauce and stir constantly for 5 seconds. Add the noodles and stir fry until hot.
- Serve fresh from the wok with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, spring onion and coriander.
- For best results marinade the chicken overnight in the refrigerator
- Mirin can be swapped with 20ml of sake plus 10g of sugar
- Reduced sodium soya sauce can be used to make this recipe even healthier