Cauliflower soup is perfect for the colder weather. It uses few ingredients but still packs a punch of flavour.
About The Ingredient
Cauliflower is available all year around however peaks during the colder weather. There are many types and colours which it can be found in including purple, green and orange/yellow.
Health Benefits Of Cauliflower
- Cauliflower contains more than 15 different types of vitamins and minerals, including choline which is not found in many foods. Choline is an essential nutrient to support your metabolism, memory, mood, muscle control and other brain and nervous system functions.
- Its packed with vitamin C providing around 80% of the recommended daily vitamin C in just 100 grams.
- Additionally it has a high water content (92%) that contributes to its low calories, providing just 25 calories per 100 grams.
What To Look For When Buying
When buying cauliflower you want to look for a clean, compact head with thick leaves as this helps keep the cauliflower fresh.
This Cauliflower Soup Is Suitable For…
Celiac (gluten free)
More Recipes You May Like
- Large Pot
- Food Processor or Blender
- 40 g Butter
- 1 Large head of Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 Onion diced
- 800 ml Vegetable Stock
- 150 ml Cream
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- Nutmeg freshly grated
- Sea Salt
- In a large pot over medium-low heat melt the butter. Add the onions with a pinch of salt and sugar then sweat until softened, this will take around 10-15 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and vegetable stock, turn up the heat and bring to the boil. Now turn down the heat to a simmer and cook until the cauliflower has softened, this will take around 15 minutes.
- Add the cream, nutmeg and lemon, bring back to a simmer. Add the mixture into a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Add the soup back to the pot and if necessary reduce further until you have your desired consistency. Check and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Serve fresh from the pot with a sprinkle of chives and croutons.