Puy Lentil Soup
This one pot, vegan Puy lentil soup uses Mediterranean ingredients and flavours to give you a fresh yet hearty & delicious soup.
- 60 ml Extra virgin olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 1 Onion finely diced
- 2 small Carrots finely diced
- 2 Celery sticks finely diced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 500 g Puy lentils rinsed thoroughly
- 125 ml Dry white wine
- 1.75 litres Vegetable stock warmed
- 250 ml Passata
- Flat parsley remove and finely chop the stalks
- Sea salt
In a large deep sauté pan over medium heat sauté onions, carrots and celery for 10 minutes, until softened. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Next add lentils and wine, stirring slowly until the wine has evaporated. Next add stock, passata, parsley stalks and a pinch of salt then simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally (adding more stock if necessary).
Once the lentils are tender and the soup is dense turn off the heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, a sprinkle of parsley and toasted bread.
- Puy lentils can be replaced for any other good quality green lentils
- Passata can be swapped for 1 tbsp of tomato paste
Calories: 537kcalCarbohydrates: 70gProtein: 28gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 39mgPotassium: 340mgFiber: 33gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 3605IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 87mgIron: 9mg